Career Opportunities, come join our team
Our Current Career Vacancies
Register Your Interest
If you are interested in taking the first step in your new career, please fill in the contact form below.
John and Sandra Pickering, the founders of Sussex Beds purchased a small general furnishing business located in St Leonards in 1978.
Following a visit to a trade show in the summer of 1981, they were inspired to open a brand new store specialising in Beds and Mattresses.
In December 1981 Sussex Bed Centre opened its doors on Queens Road Hastings. In the years since, Sussex Beds has expanded and currently operates from 15 branches across Sussex, Kent & Surrey. Each store differs in character but all offer the same great products & services.
Within the business currently, there are 11 family members all are immensely proud of the good reputation Sussex Beds™ has earned over the years. A reputation built on sound principles of providing quality products at great prices and also caring customer service.
Sussex Beds™ is a true independent family business. This is immediately obvious with its warm welcome & relaxed shopping experience.
Each product proudly displays the Sussex Beds™ Brand. This is your guarantee the product has been carefully selected & tested. We do this to ensure it meets the Sussex Beds™ standards of quality & value.
With many Career opportunities often available, are you ready to join our Sussex Beds team?
“Quality Sleep: Never Compromise”
Our mission is to "Help people sleep; sleep well; to experience quality sleep"
Our values are:
free of deceit, truthful and sincere.
• Be upfront and honest with everyone including yourself
• Do what you say you will when you say you will
• Take ownership of your weaknesses or shortcomings, own up and learn
• Always be fair and consistent
• Feedback constructively as soon as possible
a person who plays or works well as a member of a team.
• Engage with everyone, and show interest in both work and personal activities
• Listen, ask questions and offer constructive feedback if asked for
• Understanding your team (DISC) and flex your style accordingly
• Share and celebrate success humbly
• Provide help, assistance and support to everyone when required
• Focus on the system or process first when problem solving
displaying kindness and concern for others.
• Listen to both customer and colleague, views, thoughts and concerns with empathy and respect
• Communicate politely and courteously
• In times of need provide time, kindness and compassion
• Family values will always remain central, an environment where people come before profit
Pledge or bound to a certain course or policy; dedicated.
• Engage & be Interested in the business and its activities
• Provide flexibility and accommodation
• Go above and beyond to help customers & the business
• Proactive approach to improving & issue solving
• Embrace the mission and values of the business